Tuesday, April 26, 2016

"Plein Air Painting at Tucson 3"


Click Here for Purchasing Info

This is my third plein air piece at Tucson. On the fourth day of the convention, we went to the Old Tucson. I feel a little better than my previous one. The light and shadow is more obvious. I can handle it better. However, my feel is not strong. How to get a strong feeling in front of the scene is not easy. I have more feeling when I setup my still lives, but for landscape I have not got there yet. Need more learning.

2 comments:

Jerry Stocks said...

I don't think you need more learning. This is a beautiful painting.

linda m levine fine art said...

Tucson people love your painting. It reminds me of how well you captured the feeling of the buildings in China. Your Old Tucson picture really evokes the feel of the adobe...it is not easy to mix that color for buildings that are washed out in the sunlight with purple shadows on the unlit side. Your picture is lovely...and no, it is not like the still life pictures, but it is not supposed to be. It is plein aire in Tucson!
Linda from Tucson