Friday, February 26, 2016

"Demo at Sedona 2016 1"


I had a few days that I could not get decent internet connection, so I was not able to post my paintings up to date. After teaching at Scottsdale I went up to Sedona, AZ and did another 3-day workshop. This was my 1st demo. This time I kept the painting monochromatic such that I can emphasize the importance of the drawing and value. Many of my students (especially landscape artists) tend to go to color too quick and without enough awareness of the drawing and value. So this time I force my students doing monochrome on the first day. I feel it is a very good practice.

1 comment:

dglenncasey said...

This looks like it could be a very good beginning to a grisaille painting. A few layers of some transparent colors and this thing would pop.