Sunday, November 1, 2015

"Chicago in the rain"

Click here to bid

This is another monochrome color study. My palette was the same I used yesterday. I used the ref photo I took in Chicago earlier of the year. I feel the color scheme is suitable to describe the rainy cityscape. With the monochrome approach, I eliminate the local colors. However, it still has color temperature variation. In this painting, black is my warm color and turquoise blue is my cool. With this mono approach I can effectively control muddy colors and keep the entire painting harmonized. I am considering of doing a few large paintings with this approach.

1 comment:

Bruce Housey said...

I really like what you've done with Monochrome. I like playing with very limited palettes myself, usually about three colors though