Thursday, October 29, 2015

"Cedar Park Water Garden"

Click here to bid

Today I went with a group Austin artists to Cedar Park Water Garden. I did this plein air sketch. It was a overwhelmingly busy places, full of miniature ponds, fountains, flower pots, and other decorative stuff. I really don't know what to paint. So I found a shaded spot, observing the direction of the sun moves to estimate the light stability. Then I saw the scene. So if you feel hard to decide where and what to paint in a plein air situation, first make yourself comfortable. Secondly, you observe from your location.

Am I too abstract? If you feel I am going too far, please warn me.

7 comments:

Pointy Bird Studio - Leesa Padget said...

I think it's perfect :)

usetty said...

Beautiful painting.

usetty said...

Beautiful painting.

usetty said...

Beautiful painting.

Adriana Guidi said...

Lovely indeed!

linda m levine fine art said...

Yes, it is considerably more abstract than your usual style. But it is lovely and feels like it flows, just like the water. It is wonderful that you can experiment in this way and get beautiful results.

Barbara said...

I also think it is lovely. And I think you are showing great progress. You paintings were always just lovely, and an absolute delight that I looked forward to seeing, and you have been showing even more enormous improvement as time goes on. You are absolutely one of my favorite artists. I look forward to each of your new paintings with great anticipation.