Saturday, January 17, 2015

"Vine Tomatoes"

I followed Richard Schmid's approach and did this painting. For a few years, I have tried many times painting high key, but for a long time I have not found the effects I really love. These a couple of days, I tried high key again and actuarially feel pretty good about this one.

Yesterday, I had an interview with American Art Collectors Magazine. In March I will have a show case at the Trailside Gallery in Scottsdale. I am working hard and trying to test the water of gallery presentation and high end collectors market. Having shown in galleries for quite a few years, I can't say I am satisfied with my performances there. Obviously the 40% and 50% gallery commission really put artists like me into a disadvantage situation. I am competing with many developed artists to get a share of that market. I have to price my paintings high, even myself can't afford them. In a nutshell, I must improve significantly to survive there. It is a totally different ball game than what I used to play before. So please watch my "reality show". If I fail, let it be. However just in case, I may have a chance.

5 comments:

jhurston said...

I love this it is very colorful!

Donna said...

Your work is dynamic and unique Qiang. You make a wonderful contribution to the art world. May your gallery journey be wonderful as well!

Unknown said...

Mr. Huang, I believe this may be my favorite! The colors, values, edges are truly lovely. Your brushwork is sensitive yet confident. Bravo! Best wishes on your art journey.

Sebastian Talar said...

Loose and colorful! Great style! :)

Alplily said...

This is one magnificent little painting. You make it look deceptively quick and easy. I just love it.