Tuesday, March 11, 2014

"Demo in Nashville 3" --- Sold

Rules are made to be broken. So on the third day of my workshop, I showed how I destroyed the procedures I have established in the two previous days. Am I contradictory to myself? No. Artists really need both side of the brain. On one side, you need the controlled process to execute the effects you want to show. On the other hand, you don't want to be restricted by the process. You try new things and explore new territories. This demo is high key with cool color dominant. I don't usually do this kind of paintings in workshops. I have mentioned to the class: I want to entitle this painting as: "It is not my cup of tea".

2 comments:

Jo Castillo said...

And beautiful new territory it is! Beautiful blues and neutrals.

George Carr said...

Nor is it your POT of tea, but you still paint well, even outside of your comfort zone. I really enjoy your reflections about the process of becoming a better painter. You are so good now- I wonder what your paintings be like in twenty years?