Sunday, January 27, 2013

Su Zhou

I am traveling again. I took a 5 hours super fast train ride today. Talking about the high speed trains, I must say that China is more advanced than the United States. The conditions are superb. The stations are well built. Much better than Amtrak.


I have arrived at a beautiful south China city called Su Zhou. This trip is basically for me to search future places I would like to paint and may run plein air painting workshops at. I will visit a few places like this one. I like small towns, trying to avoid big crowd. Find a place to slow down. Zu Zhou is very different from Beijing. People are living around many water alleys. If you like Venice or San Antonio, you will like here too.

3 comments:

Diana Moses Botkin said...

What a lovely and unique scene: very intriguing with those greys and reflections.

Marla said...

What an extraordinary photo! I imagine you will find many scenes to paint here.

JimmyB said...

Hi Qiang. You must visit the Zili Village (Kaiping) near Jiangmen. It is a wonderful place to paint. I was there in 2010 and wish to return soon. Good travels to you....Jim