Wednesday, July 13, 2011

"Demo at Putney 1"

Now, I am showing you paintings I did on the Putney workshop. This is the demo I did at the day one. It is very typical setup of my still life composition. I like to discuss the ideas behind the painting at first day of my workshops. If you have taken my workshop before, this is your quiz: what have we talked at the first day? Can you see the designs we have talked about on this painting?

This painting didn't get sold. I took it home and showed to Song. She really likes it. So I decided to keep it for her.

5 comments:

V. Deshmukh said...

Sold or not .... your paintings are always lovely. I wish I could take your workshop someday. This is so beautiful.Thank you for sharing with us.
Best wishes,

MeeLi Lee said...

What a lovely gift for Song! Thanks for sharing!

Christine said...

This was one of my favorites...it was about how to read the composition and the story there and the contrast...between light, texture, color or placement....I think this painting is perfect

Jo Castillo said...

This is beautiful and demonstrates your lesson well!

Pragya Tiwari said...

Another stunning piece ! You are such an inspiration Qiang..