Saturday, May 2, 2009

"Under the Coze Light"

Click Here for Purchase Information
This 12" x 16" Gallery painting took me three days to finish. I usually use value as my design tool to compose, but in this one I was testing decreasing my value contrast. The brass and the background value are rather similar. I use edge treatment and local value contrast to define the shape of the brass. I also did not use white drapery for my foreground as I use to. I have not done small paintings for a while, but I will come back to it.

3 comments:

Elizabeth Seaver said...

What beautiful clean color and lovely brush strokes.

Dean Grey said...

Personally, I think if you did use white drapery it would compete against the white of the plate.

Looks good to me!

The oranges and reds just pop in this painting.

-Dean

cojxac said...

I just want to say that I admire the way you paint.