Saturday, August 23, 2008

"On a Glossy Surface"

Click Here for Purchase info

Newton first law of motion says: Every body perseveres in its state of being at rest or of moving uniformly straight forward, except insofar as it is compelled to change its state by force impressed. For these two weeks. I have been in a slow motion mode and have not painted as frequent as I used to. According to this Newton guy, I have to apply a force to get my momentum back. Oh boy, that is not easy.
Well, Forgive my excuse in terms of classical physics. On this painting I am continuing working on reflections. This light effect has been trademarked by many landscape painters. I think it works well with still life as well. Don't you think so?

6 comments:

WCaro said...

Force, acceleration, mass , gravity...Agh, reminds me of my only physics class where I was thinking of the beach and the weather outside. Your painting will bring everyone to concrete reality: beauty.

Theresa Rankin said...

Another stunning accomplishment...gorgeous color!

Susan Carlin said...

I love that wedge of light striking the pear that is otherwise in shadow.

Mary Sheehan Winn said...

another lovely painting, Qiang.
You Rock!

Carmen Beecher said...

Your work is absolutely stunning. What exquisite colors! I too am a fan of Richard Schmid, and now a fan of yours.
Carmen Beecher
carmenbeecher.blogspot.com

Peggy Montano & Paintings said...

So beautiful. I have a small pitcher with that same shape.
Love the arrangement and color.